We confirm we have complied and continue to comply with the UK and Scottish government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
FIVE STEPS TO SAFER WORKING TOGETHER
- During COVID-19, we have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home – WEA staff have been able to work from home and our teaching and learning for our students has been delivered online.
- With English government support for our teaching and the value of your learning, we will continue our face-to-face teaching pilots across England*, continue to deliver our on-line learning curriculum, and work towards a fuller face-to-face provision in the Spring. *Due to more stringent advice from the government in Scotland, we have not yet been able to resume face-to-face provision.
- Cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures are in place in our premises, in line with COVID-19 guidance.
- We are taking all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace and classrooms along with other precautionary safety measures in line with governments health safety guidance, and where people cannot be 2m apart, we are doing everything practical to manage transmission risk.
- We are sharing COVID-19 safety information arrangements and what we are doing to reduce risks with all our people.
Download a physical copy of the statement here.